Weller builds great solder stations for years, mainly targeting the professional sector. The WMRP/WXRP stations stand out due to their active soldering tip with a unbeaten heat time of just a few seconds. But the systems are not affordable for hobbyist makers, so why purchase a solder station for 600€ if you can also get the tips for 40 € and drive them by an Arduino?
This solder station called Maiskolben (“corncob”, soldering iron in german is “Lötkolben” which is verbatim “soldering cob”) does the job much cheaper and is fully featured:
- Can be powered with a 12 V power supply
- Easy change of tips using the 3.5mm jack (different tip shapes are available)
- Store/recall three different temperature presets
- Wide temperature range from 100 to 450°C
- Well readable display with all necessary information
- Auto standby (150°C, automatically after 4 minutes inactivity or using an external sensor to detect tip layoff)
- Auto wakeup (temperature driven by wet sponge cool down or by layoff sensor)
- USB port for monitoring, controlling or updating
- Optical feedback of heating by LED
- Open source software
Please note the differences of the PCB “wide” and “narrow”. Wide fits displays with one sided headers (16p), narrow the ones with headers on both sides (the smaller one has 8 pins), both display pcbs are blue (not the red ones). Please refer to this readme for the needed parts. The kit includes all necessary parts.
RST, CS, DC, MOSI, CLK, VCC, VCC, GND
GND, VCC, NC, NC, NC, RST, DC, MOSI, CLK, CS, NC, NC, NC, NC, VCC, GND
There are no reviews yet.